Does glowing skin feel like a distant memory? Well, it doesn’t have to be. You can brighten your skin and fight acne and aging with these DIY banana beauty recipes. This DIY banana face mask, lip scrub, and smoothie combo even makes a fun addition to your at-home spa day, and your skin and lips will love the treat.
So read below to learn more about bananas’ beauty benefits, or skip to the DIY banana beauty recipes.
How Bananas Benefit Your Skin
Bananas are packed with nutrients that nourish your body and skin. According to Healthline, bananas contain vitamins B and C, potassium, and copper.
Vitamin C brightens skin and boosts collagen, while B vitamins control oil and improve skin tone. Meanwhile, copper calms inflammation, and potassium keeps your skin hydrated.
All these actions lead the way to youthful-looking skin.
So what better reason to make a DIY banana face mask, lip scrub, and smoothie?
DIY Banana Beauty Recipes
These DIY banana face masks work for all skin types, but talk to your doctor if you have sensitive skin. You can even patch test the mask 24 hours before using it to be safe.
However, make the banana face mask first if you’d like, and then whip up the smoothie while the mask works its magic.
DIY Recipe #1: Yogurt, Honey, Banana Face Mask (Anti-Acne, Anti-Aging, and Brightening)
First, revive your skin with this triple-duty banana mask, which fights acne, aging, and dullness.
Here is what you’ll need:
- Lemon juice: brightens skin and controls oil
- Yogurt: exfoliates and softens skin
- Manuka honey: fights bacteria, softens wrinkles, and promotes healing
- Rose or lavender essential oils: soothe, calm, and nourish the skin
You can even add a few drops of anti-aging grapeseed oil. (See these DIY grapeseed oil beauty recipes.)
Directions: Just mix the ingredients, apply the mask to your skin, wait 20 minutes, and rinse.
DIY Recipe #2: Avocado and Banana Face Mask (Anti-Aging)
Next, whip up this DIY banana mask to get skin smoother than your satin pillowcase—well, almost.
All you need is avocado, banana, honey, argan oil, hyaluronic acid serum, and rosehip oil.
- Hyaluronic acid serum: plumps skin and locks in moisture
- Rosehip oil: hydrates, brightens, softens fine lines, and calms inflammation
- Argan oil: softens, nourishes, and hydrates
- Avocado: hydrates and softens skin
- Honey: kills bacteria, protects, and hydrates skin
Directions: Mix the ingredients, apply the mask to your skin, wait 20 minutes, and rinse.
Another beauty tip? Pair this DIY banana face mask with a DIY jojoba and camellia oil hair mask to boost shine.
DIY Recipe #3: Coconut Sugar and Banana Lip Scrub
Next, rejuvenate your pout with this DIY coconut sugar banana lip scrub. Coconut sugar tastes delicious and adds a twist to the usual sugar scrub. You’ll also love how silky your lips feel afterward.
However, all you need is coconut sugar, banana, and honey.
- Coconut sugar: exfoliates and feels refreshing
- Honey: calms inflammation, softens skin, and locks in moisture
Use this DIY banana lip scrub up to twice per week.
DIY Recipe #4: Banana Smoothie
Next, whip up this banana smoothie, another beauty treat your skin will love. All you need is banana, Greek yogurt, almond milk, and honey.
Feel free to adapt the ingredients to your liking. For instance, add honey or vanilla almond milk if you like your smoothie sweet. Or skip the sweet stuff and go the plain route.
Store the leftovers for up to 24 hours, and enjoy!
Bananas make delicious, skin-friendly treats. Bananas brighten skin and fight acne and aging, leaving your skin fresh and glowing. So, add a DIY banana face mask, lip scrub, and smoothie to your beauty routine.
Make the banana smoothie as often as you’d like, and use the banana lip scrub and face mask up to twice per week for best results. Then, you’ll see smoother, brighter skin with regular use.
Now, enjoy your banana face mask and smoothie—and your new skin—and check back for more DIY beauty recipes and skincare tips.
Note: The ideas here do not replace your doctor’s advice. Always check with your doctor before trying new products or starting a new skincare routine. / This post first appeared on Beauty and Travel Reviews. Featured image credit: Yevgeniy Kanashkin from Freeman Studio
- DIY Strawberry Face Mask + Smoothie Recipes to Blast Acne
- 7 DIY Hair Recipes for Knockout Shine
- DIY Kiwi Mask and Smoothie to Reawaken Your Skin
- 3 DIY Apricot Face Mask Recipes to Fight Aging and Dullness
- 3 Pineapple Beauty Products to Fight Acne and Aging
- 5 Avocado Beauty Recipes You Probably Didn’t Know About
- DIY Matcha Face Mask and Smoothie for Glowing Skin
- DIY Guava Mask and Smoothie: Brighten Skin Fast