What better way to brighten skin than with a DIY banana mask and smoothie? Bananas not only make healthy treats, but they’re also skin-friendly. So whip up this banana mask and smoothie, and you’ll see smoother, brighter skin before you know it.
Bananas contain an arsenal of nutrients that nourish your body and skin. They contain vitamins B and C, potassium, and copper, which strengthen hair, boost heart health, and fight acne and aging.
So double up on those bananas to look and feel your best.
Below is one banana mask that will pump life back into your skin. This banana mask also includes yogurt for a fun, skin-nourishing twist. Plus, yogurt’s lactic acid softens and exfoliates skin to get you glowing fast.
DIY Banana Mask to Brighten Skin
To make this banana mask, grab a bowl, some measuring spoons, a banana, lemon juice, honey, and yogurt. Then, add essential oils if you’d like. See below for instructions.
Ingredients / Materials
- 1 bowl
- measuring spoons
- 1 whole fresh banana, peeled
- 1 tablespoon nonfat, plain Greek yogurt
- ½-1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- (optional) 1-2 drops of your favorite essential oil(s)
- First, place bite-sized banana chunks into a bowl, and mash them with a spoon.
- Next, add yogurt, honey, and lemon juice, and then mix until smooth.
- Now, apply the mixture to your face, and wait 20 minutes.
Then, whip up your smoothie while you wait.
This refreshing smoothie not only tastes delicious, but your skin will also love it. So, grab a banana, some Greek yogurt, almond milk, and honey, and then get ready to get gorgeous.
- 1 cup of nonfat Greek yogurt (plain or vanilla)
- dash of cinnamon or nutmeg
- 1 banana
- ice (as much as you like)
- 1 cup vanilla (or regular) almond milk
- 1 – 2 teaspoons honey or agave (optional)
- a handful of coconut flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground flax (optional)
Feel free to adapt the ingredients to your liking. For instance, add flax for fiber, or drizzle on some honey if you like your smoothie sweet.
Although most recipes call for unsweetened almond milk, you can add vanilla almond milk if you’d like. It’s your smoothie, so have fun with it.
- First, place all the items in a blender, and blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a tall glass, and sprinkle cinnamon (or nutmeg) and coconut on top.
Refrigerate leftovers for up to 24 hours.
Then, listen for that timer, and rinse your banana mask with warm water when it sounds. Next, pat your face dry, and apply a serum, moisturizer, and sunscreen.
So whip up this DIY banana mask and smoothie to brighten skin anytime you wish. You’ll look and feel brand new. Now, enjoy your new skin , and check back for more DIY beauty recipes!
Note: The ideas presented here do not substitute for medical advice. Always check with your doctor before trying new products or starting a new skincare regimen.
- 3 Avocado Beauty Recipes You Probably Didn’t Know About
- Get Glowing in 2022: Green Tea Face Mask and Smoothie Recipes
- Hello, Gorgeous: DIY Guava Mask and Smoothie Your Skin Will Love
Featured image credit: Mike Dorner / Unsplash