Do you dream of getting carded again or even being called “Miss”? If so, then reach for a blackberry. Blackberries are some of the most skin-friendly fruits around, which is why your skin will love this DIY blackberry face mask and smoothie.
In fact, blackberries offer a host of health benefits. First, blackberries are packed with manganese and vitamins A, C, and K to blast wrinkles and keep skin healthy, smooth, and young, says Healthline. Also, like raspberries, blackberries contain anthocyanins, which fight aging and free radicals.
Free radicals speed up aging, making you look older than your years. However, because blackberries contain loads of antioxidants, they slow aging to make skin glow again.
Plus, when you combine blackberries with yogurt, you get the perfect pair. Yogurt contains lactic acid, which sloughs off dead skin to reveal your freshest complexion.
So, treat yourself to this DIY blackberry yogurt face mask and smoothie to look young and radiant. And who knows? You might even get carded.
Now, let’s get to work.
First, grab a blender and some measuring cups and then combine the ingredients below.
Blackberry, Yogurt, and Honey Face Mask Ingredients
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 2 ½ tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 2 ½ tablespoons raw honey
- First, pulse blackberries, yogurt, and honey in a blender until smooth.
- Next, wash your face and remove all makeup residue.
- Then, steam face with a warm washcloth for one minute to open pores and help skin absorb the nutrients.
- Now, apply the mixture to your face with a facial brush (optional) and leave on 15 to 20 minutes.
- Rinse once with warm water and once with cool water.
- Then, pat face dry.
- Finally, follow with serum, moisturizer, and sunscreen.
But don’t put away the blender yet because you’ll need it to make your smoothie.
This smoothie is ultra refreshing and will revive your body, mind, and skin. Just combine these ingredients.
Blackberry, Yogurt, and Honey Smoothie Ingredients (2 Servings)
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- a handful of ice (adapt as desired)
- 6 oz. vanilla (or plain) Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup almond milk (plain or vanilla)
- 2 teaspoons raw honey (or agave)
You can even add a dash of cinnamon if you want, but that’s up to you.
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a tall cup and serve.
- Add a blackberry for garnish (optional).
- Store leftovers in refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
So, that’s it. Make the smoothie as often as you want, and use the mask two to three times per week for best results. The more often you use the mask, the more radiant your skin will look. Your friends will think you returned from an island vacation.
Now, enjoy your new skin!
For more DIY face masks, see these posts: