Do you dream of getting carded again or being called “Miss”? Then reach for a blackberry. Blackberries boost your health and revitalize your skin, which is why your skin will love these DIY blackberry mask and smoothie recipes.
So read below to learn more about blackberries’ health and beauty benefits, or skip to the DIY blackberry face mask and smoothie recipes.
Blackberries: Benefits for Your Skin and Health
Blackberries offer a host of health and beauty benefits. They’re packed with manganese and vitamins A, C, and K, which blast wrinkles, boost collagen, and keep your skin looking young, says Healthline.
Also, like raspberries, blackberries contain anthocyanins, which protect against free radical damage. Free radicals speed aging and make you look older than your years, but blackberries contain oodles of antioxidants, helping your skin glow again.
So what better reason to treat yourself to a DIY blackberry face mask and smoothie?
DIY Blackberry Face Mask
This easy DIY blackberry face mask takes minutes to make, and your skin will soak it up. All you need is yogurt, blackberries, and Manuka (or raw) honey.
However, yogurt, honey, and blackberries make the perfect anti-aging trio. Antioxidant-rich blackberries protect and brighten your skin, while yogurt’s lactic acid sloughs off dead skin to reveal your freshest face. Meanwhile, honey kills bacteria and softens skin, helping you put your smoothest face forward.
So gather the items below to make your DIY blackberry face mask.
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 2 ½ tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 2 ½ tablespoons raw honey
- First, pulse blackberries, yogurt, and honey in a blender until smooth.
- Next, wash your face and remove all makeup residue.
- Then, steam face with a warm washcloth for one minute to open pores and help skin absorb the nutrients.
- Now, apply the mixture to your face with a facial brush (optional) and leave on 15 to 20 minutes.
- Rinse once with warm water and once with cool water.
- Then, pat face dry.
- Finally, follow with serum, moisturizer, and sunscreen.
Another beauty tip? After rinsing your blackberry mask, apply a blueberry sheet mask and toner for extra radiance. Or try one of these DIY grapeseed oil beauty recipes and products for your skin and hair.
But don’t put away the blender yet because you’ll need it to make your blackberry smoothie.
Blackberry Smoothie Recipe
Next, whip up this blackberry smoothie to revive your mind, body, and skin. Just gather the items below, and adapt the ingredients to your liking.
Ingredients (2 Servings)
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- a handful of ice (adapt as desired)
- 6 oz. vanilla (or plain) Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup almond milk (plain or vanilla)
- 2 teaspoons raw honey (or agave)
- sprinkle of cinnamon (optional)
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Next, pour the blackberry smoothie into a tall cup and serve.
- Add a blackberry for garnish (optional), and refrigerate leftovers for up to 24 hours.
So treat yourself to a DIY blackberry mask and smoothie to fight aging and get glowing again. Blackberries are packed with nutrients that nourish your body and help rewind the clock.
Make the blackberry smoothie as often as you’d like, and use the DIY blackberry face mask two or three times per week for best results. But the more often you use the blackberry mask, the more radiant your skin will look.
Now, enjoy your DIY blackberry beauty recipes—and your new skin—and check back for more beauty reviews and skincare tips.
- 6 Apple Beauty Recipes to Annihilate Acne and Love Your Skin
- 3 DIY Cookie Scrubs Your Body and Lips Will Love
- How to Get Pool-Party-Ready Skin: 3 DIY Passion Fruit Beauty Recipes
- 3 Reasons Your Skin Needs Black Currant Seed Oil Now
- 7 Blueberry Beauty Products to Make Your Skin Glow
- DIY Papaya Mask and Smoothie for Skin so Poreless You’ll Stop Traffic
- How To Erase Years: DIY Guava Mask and Smoothie
- How to Get Dazzling Skin and Hair: 3 Lavender Beauty Recipes
- How to Revive Your Skin: DIY Banana Mask and Smoothie Recipes
Featured photo credit: Alex Lvrs / Unsplash