Who hasn’t been there? The morning after a rough night, you stumble into the bathroom, look in the mirror and gasp. You think, what on Earth happened to me?! I look haggard.
But whether too much scotch or salt is to blame, you can look less haggard with a few easy beauty tricks. So follow the steps below next time you wake up looking less than fresh.
Step 1: Use hot and cold therapy to make your face look less haggard
First, try hot and cold therapy to look less haggard. Switching between hot and cold water boosts blood flow, giving your skin an insta-glow.
Although hot and cold water each boosts circulation, switching between temperatures gets your blood pumping, helping you not look so tired.
So, follow the steps below.
- two bowls
- a washcloth
- a bottle of argan oil
- bottled (or tap) water
- Grab two bowls, and fill one with hot and the other with ice-cold water. The hot water should be steamy but not boiling, so let it cool if it’s too hot.
- Next, soak a washcloth in the hot water, and press it onto your face several times until the cloth cools.
- Do the same using the cold water.
- Then, repeat this process twice per bowl, switching from hot to cold water until the color returns to your face.
- Finally, pat your face dry, apply argan oil, and enjoy how much less tired your face looks..
Argan oil is packed with nutrients that hydrate and perk up dull skin. Try Josie Maran’s Argan Oil to revive your haggard face.
However, the trick is to massage the oil into your face. According to Healthline, facial massage is one of the quickest ways to energize your skin and flush toxins, helping you look rested.
Better yet, you don’t have to massage for long; even a minute helps. Check out the video to see how facial massage works. Olga will guide you through the steps.
Step 2: Apply ice to wake up your haggard face
Next, use ice, an ice pack, or an ice globe to revive your haggard face. Like ice cubes, ice globes boost blood flow, helping your skin look alive and rested.
Watch the video clip to see how ice globes work.
- Apply cold spoons, ice globes, or an ice pack to your eyes for a minute or two.
- If using an ice pack, wrap the pack in a cloth or a Ziploc bag first rather than applying it directly to your skin.
- Press the wrapped ice or the ice globe against your eyes and cheeks several times. Repeat this process for one or two minutes. The cold will brighten your eyes and give your skin a healthy flush, helping you look less tired and haggard.
Step 3: Use a hydrating sheet mask
Next, apply a hydrating sheet mask to look less haggard. The moisture soothes dry skin and helps erase signs of stress and fatigue.
- Apply the sheet mask, and wait 20 or 30 minutes.
- Remove the mask.
- Then, follow with serum and moisturizer.
For instance, try Klavuu’s White Pearlsation Serum Mask or 111 Skin’s Bio-Cellulose Mask, which brightens, softens, and hydrates skin in 20 minutes.
However, both masks help you look less haggard and bring your tired face back to life.
One drawback, though: these masks aren’t cheap, so you might want to try Leaders Insolution’s Aquaringer Masks for a more affordable option.
You’ll see results with both masks, but the Leaders mask gives you similar results for a fraction of the price.
And here’s another beauty tip: chill the mask in the freezer for 10 minutes before applying it. The cold de-puffs your eyes and refreshes your skin, helping you look alert.
Step 4: Use vitamin C serum
Next, apply vitamin C serum to brighten your skin and protect against free radicals. Vitamin C also evens skin tone and fights redness, restoring radiance to haggard skin.
- Massage one or two drops of vitamin C serum into your skin to brighten your face.
- Wait one or two minutes for the serum to absorb before moving to the next step.
Try Murad’s Vita-C Glycolic Brightening Serum. It’s packed with vitamin C and glycolic acid to energize, brighten, and exfoliate your skin. Or, for a cheaper option, try Maelove’s Glow Maker Antioxidant Serum. This serum contains hyaluronic and ferulic acids and vitamins C and E to brighten skin and soften fine lines.
Step 5: Moisturize and apply sunscreen
Then, apply moisturizer and sunscreen to revive your haggard face.
- Moisturize and wait five minutes to allow the skin to absorb the nutrients.
- Then, apply sunscreen.
Need ideas? Then, try Caudalie’s Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet, $35. This fan-favorite cream contains citrus and mint, which boost blood flow to get your skin glowing. Think of it like an espresso shot for your face.
Next, apply Klavuu’s Backstage Priming Highlighters to boost radiance.
One final word, however: while these beauty tricks can help you look less haggard, they won’t work for everyone. For instance, age-related cosmetic concerns require a more sophisticated approach, in which case you might want to visit your dermatologist instead.
However, Botox, Juvéderm, and other injectable treatments can soften wrinkles and restore the lost facial volume that contributes to a haggard appearance.
If you do go this route, you’ll want to find a board-certified provider and specialist, so do your homework first. Don’t go to just any random injector you find.
So, learn more about these procedures, and then talk to your doctor to explore your options.
So, the next time you wake up looking haggard, don’t panic. Try these beauty tricks instead. Just heat some water, apply ice, massage your face, and apply a mask, serum, moisturizer, and highlighter.
These beauty tricks will perk up your skin, helping you look less haggard.
On the other hand, sometimes ice and facial massages just don’t cut it. So talk to your doctor if you’re struggling with age-related concerns. In the meantime, try to stay positive and know you do have options.
Now, enjoy your results—and feel better!
Featured photo credit: SHOTPRIME / Canva
- Pink Clay Face Masks + Beauty Products Your Sensitive Skin is Craving
- Prickly Pear Oil for Aging: Benefits + Beauty Products
- This 6-Step Amethyst Beauty Routine Takes Your Skin to Another Level
- 3 Grapeseed Oil Beauty Recipes to Slow Aging and Look Amazing
- 6 DIY Avocado Beauty Recipes for Silky Skin and Hair
- DIY Tomato Beauty Recipes: Reclaim the Brighter You
- Ayurvedic Skin Care: Find Your Dosha + Skincare Products for Your Skin Type
- Get Glowing With These Pearl-Rich Products: A Step-By-Step Guide
- Get Cleopatra’s Skin With These Rose Bath and Face Mask Recipes.
- Surprise your friends and family with these DIY crushed candy cane bath salts.
12 thoughts on “How To Not Look Haggard After a Rough Night: 5 Beauty Tricks”