Has summer left your lips feeling more like sandpaper than silk? If so, try these fun watermelon lip scrub and smoothie recipes to revive your pout and boost your health. With a few easy steps, your lips will feel buttery smooth in seconds.
So, let’s get started.
Watermelon Sugar Lip Scrub: Materials
To begin, prepare these items:
- 1 bowl
- measuring cups
- storage container
- decorative ribbon (optional)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 drop pink food coloring
- 1 – 2 drops watermelon flavoring
Lip Scrub: Instructions
Mix all contents in a bowl. Then, apply the mixture to your lips, scrub gently for 20 to 30 seconds, and rinse.
The sugar sloughs off dead skin while the coconut oil hydrates and nourishes lips. You can also substitute watermelon Kool-Aid for the watermelon flavoring if you’d like. But feel free to experiment to see what you prefer.
Next, apply lip balm to keep lips smooth and seal in moisture. Try this Weleda Skin Food Lip Butter to hydrate lips. This super-rich balm hydrates even the most parched lips. So, give it a try if you’re prone to dry lips or live in a dry climate.
Next, store the remaining scrub in an air-tight container for up to two months. You can also shop Etsy for storage containers. For instance, you can buy these $5 storage containers on Etsy or these $9 plastic storage jars on Amazon.
You can even decorate the jars and give them as holiday gifts to friends and family. For instance, dress up the jars with cute ribbons and labels. Or just keep it simple if that’s more your style. There isn’t a right or a wrong way to decorate, so just have fun with it.
So, now that your lips are silky smooth, it’s time to make that smoothie.
This watermelon smoothie is ultra-refreshing and takes less than five minutes to make. It’s the perfect recipe if you want something healthy without having to spend your day laboring in the kitchen.
Watermelon Smoothie: Prep Materials
This recipe makes two servings. Here is what you’ll need:
- 1 blender, half-filled with ice (adapt as desired)
- 3 cups cubed watermelon
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup vanilla (or plain) Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon agave (or honey)
- 1/2 cup vanilla (or plain) almond milk
- Place the watermelon, strawberries, honey, milk, and yogurt in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Taste. Then, add more milk or honey, adjusting it to your liking.
- Pour in a tall glass and serve.
- Add a watermelon or strawberry slice for garnish.
Store the leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.