Treat yourself to a kiwi face mask and smoothie to revive your skin and boost your health. You’ll look so radiant, everyone will think you went to the spa. All you need is some kiwi, yogurt, rose oil, and olive oil.
Read about the skin-healing ingredients below or skip ahead to the recipes.
Also known as Chinese gooseberry, kiwi contains an arsenal of vitamins and minerals that exfoliate, hydrate, and nourish skin. In fact, kiwis are six times more nutrient-dense than apples, according to the Daily Hive. Kiwis also strengthen the immune system, improve lung function and reduce colon cancer risk, says Healthline.
Kiwis contain vitamins C, E, and K to brighten, soften, and moisturize skin, fight free radicals, and lighten under-eye circles, according to Medical News Today.
Yogurt contains lactic acid and zinc, which work magic on your skin. For instance, lactic acid is a natural exfoliant that brightens, hydrates, and softens skin. In addition, zinc fights acne, strengthens skin, and speeds healing time, according to WebMD.
Olive oil also contains skin-friendly essential fatty acids and vitamin E, which hydrate skin and protect against skin cancer and UV damage, according to Healthline.
Rose oil contains antioxidants and minerals that transform your skin as well. For instance, this healing oil is rich in vitamins A and C, which hydrate skin, fade dark spots, smooth wrinkles, calm redness, speed skin cell turnover, and fight acne, says Healthline. And other research suggests rose oil even reduces stress, anxiety, and depression.
So, now that you know the facts, you’re probably ready to make that kiwi face mask. Then see below to get started.
Kiwi Face Mask: Ingredients / Materials
- 2 whole peeled kiwis
- 2 tablespoons plain, unsweetened Greek yogurt
- food processor
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 drops rose oil
- a mixing bowl
- mixing spoon
- a fork
- 1 washcloth
- 1 washcloth
- face wash /cleanser of choice
Kiwi Face Mask: Instructions
- First, puree the kiwi in a food processor.
- Next, place the pureed kiwi in a bowl and add the yogurt, rose oil, and olive oil.
- Mash all ingredients with a fork or mix with a spoon until smooth.
- Next, cleanse your face and remove all makeup and residue.
- Then, heat a bowl of water until it’s warm but not boiling.
- Soak the washcloth in the water and press against your skin for 30 to 60 seconds. The steam will open pore to help your skin absorb the nutrients.
- Now, apply a thick layer of the mixture to your face and neck. Blend in slow, circular motions until your entire face and neck are covered.
- Then, set a timer for 20 or 30 minutes.
Now, make your smoothie while you wait.
Kiwi Green Apple Smoothie: Ingredients / Materials
- 1 peeled, chopped kiwi
- 1 small, chopped green apple
- a blender
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds (optional)
- ¼ cup ice (adapt as desired)
- 1 tablespoon honey or agave (optional)
- ½ cup almond milk (unsweetened, regular, or vanilla)
Feel free to adapt the ingredients to your liking. For instance, skip the honey if you prefer unsweetened, or add vanilla almond milk and honey if you prefer the sweet taste.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender.
- Then, blend until smooth.
- Next, pour into a glass and serve.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
Now, listen for that timer. Once it sounds, rinse off the mask with warm water and then pat skin dry with a soft towel. Next, follow with a serum, moisturizer, and sunscreen.
Refrigerate any leftover face mask for up to three days. Use this mask once per week for dry skin and up to three times per week for oily skin. But you can make the smoothie as often as you’d like. The smoothie makes a delicious breakfast or late-night snack.
So, that’s all for now. Enjoy your smoothie and your new skin!
See these posts for more DIY face masks and smoothie recipes.