Has your skin seen brighter days? Then whip up these DIY kiwi mask and smoothie recipes, and enjoy that after-spa glow. These kiwi beauty recipes are a fun way to fight aging and pamper your skin, and the smoothie makes a delicious poolside treat.
Better yet, these DIY kiwi mask and smoothie recipes take just a minute to make, and your skin will love them all.
Kiwi: Health and Beauty Benefits
Kiwis are packed with nutrients that benefit your skin and health. According to the Daily Hive, kiwis are six times more nutrient-dense than apples.
In addition, kiwis contain vitamins C, E, and K, which strengthen your immune system and may improve lung function and reduce colon cancer risk, says Healthline.
Another benefit? According to the USDA, one medium kiwi contains 83% of the vitamin C you need daily.
But these same nutrients benefit your skin as well. These vitamins brighten, soften, and hydrate your skin, fight free radicals, and lighten under-eye circles.
What better reason to treat your skin to some kiwi?
DIY Kiwi Mask Recipes
So now that you know about kiwi’s health and beauty benefits, get ready to make your DIY kiwi face mask.
Feel free to try one or all the DIY kiwi face mask recipes below. But perform a patch test 24 hours before applying these masks to be safe, and discontinue if redness or irritation develops.
DIY Kiwi Mask #1: Yogurt, Rose, and Kiwi Face Mask
First, whip up this DIY kiwi mask, and enjoy smooth, glowing skin. All you need is a mixing bowl, kiwi, yogurt, rose oil, and olive oil.
Rose oil contains vitamins A and C, which brighten skin, fade dark spots, smooth wrinkles, and speed skin cell turnover.
So, grab a bowl, and gather the items below to make your DIY kiwi mask.
- 2 kiwis, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons of plain, unsweetened Greek yogurt
- a food processor
- 2 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil
- a washcloth
- 2 drops of rose oil
- a mixing bowl
- a spoon
- facial cleanser
- First, puree the kiwi in a food processor or blender.
- Next, transfer the pureed kiwi to a bowl and add the rose oil, yogurt, and olive oil.
- Mash all ingredients with a fork until smooth.
- Next, cleanse your face.
- Then, microwave a bowl of water until it’s warm but not boiling.
- Soak the washcloth in the water and press it against your skin for 30 to 60 seconds to open pores.
- Apply the mixture to your face and neck, and set a timer for 20 to 30 minutes.
DIY Kiwi Mask #2: Banana-Honey-Kiwi Face Mask
Another option? Hydrate and brighten your skin with this banana, honey, and kiwi mask. Kiwi brightens, while banana hydrates and softens your skin. Meanwhile, Manuka honey kills acne-causing bacteria and leaves your skin silky.
So gather the items below to begin.
- a fresh kiwi, peeled
- a ripe banana
- 1 tbsp of Manuka (or raw) honey
- First, peel the banana and kiwi, and mash them with a fork.
- Then, add Manuka honey, and mix well.
- Finally, apply the mixture to your skin, and set a timer for 20 minutes.
DIY Kiwi Recipe #3: Sugar Kiwi Lip Scrub
This DIY kiwi sugar scrub is a fun way to revive your lips, and your lips will feel buttery smooth afterward. All you need is kiwi, brown sugar, and Manuka (or raw) honey.
Brown sugar exfoliates skin but is less abrasive than white or cane sugar. Plus, kiwi nourishes skin, while honey fights bacteria and locks in moisture.
So, gather the items below to begin.
- 1-2 tsp of brown sugar
- 1 fresh kiwi, peeled
- 1-2 tsp of Manuka (or raw) honey
- Mash the kiwi in a bowl.
- Next, add honey and brown sugar, and mix well.
- Then, massage into your lips for 10-15 seconds and rinse.
DIY Kiwi Mask #4: Grapeseed Oil-Kiwi Face Mask for Glowing Skin
Next, whip up this DIY grapeseed oil and kiwi face mask, and see brighter skin in 20 minutes. Now, this mask won’t work magic, but you should see results. And the more you use this mask, the more radiant your skin will look.
All you need is kiwi, grapeseed oil, and Manuka (or raw) honey. Honey fights inflammation and softens skin, and grapeseed oil contains essential fatty acids and vitamin E to hydrate skin, strengthen the skin’s barrier, and lock in moisture. (Also see these DIY grapeseed oil face masks to get glowing skin.)
After using this mask, you’ll love how silky your skin looks and feels.
So, gather the items below to begin.
- 1 fresh kiwi, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp of grapeseed oil
- 1 tsp of Manuka (or raw honey)
- blender (optional)
- First, chop and peel the kiwi, place it in a blender, and blend until smooth. (Or skip the blender and mash the kiwi with a fork.)
- Next, add grapeseed oil and honey, and mix well.
- Apply the mask to dry, clean skin, and set a timer for 20 minutes.
But don’t clean up yet because it’s time to make that kiwi smoothie.
Green Apple Kiwi Smoothie
Next, whip up this tangy smoothie to nourish your skin inside and out. This kiwi smoothie makes a refreshing poolside treat, too, so feel free to make it while you’re sunbathing.
Another benefit? Green apple contains skin-friendly vitamin C and pectin, a fiber and prebiotic that helps digestion.
So, grab the items below to begin.
- 1 medium kiwi, peeled and chopped
- 1 small, chopped green apple
- a blender
- 1 teaspoon of chia seeds (optional)
- ¼ cup of ice (adapt as desired)
- 1 tablespoon of honey or agave (optional)
- ½ cup of almond milk (unsweetened or vanilla)
Feel free to adapt the ingredients to your liking. For instance, skip the honey if you prefer unsweetened, or add honey and vanilla almond milk if you like your smoothie sweet.
- First, add all ingredients to a blender, and blend until smooth.
- Next, pour the smoothie into a glass and serve.
- Then, refrigerate the leftovers for up to 24 hours.
Now listen for that timer, and then rinse your DIY kiwi mask with warm water or a washcloth. Then, pat your face dry and apply serum, moisturizer, and sunscreen.
Another beauty tip? Follow this kiwi mask with a DIY avocado face mask for extra hydration and softness. Or mix two to three drops of grapeseed oil into your moisturizer to enhance your glow.
So whip up these DIY kiwi mask and smoothie recipes for a fun way to pamper your skin. Kiwi fights aging and brightens your skin, but it makes a delicious poolside treat, too.
Make the kiwi smoothie as often as you’d like, and use the kiwi lip scrub once per week for best results. But use the DIY kiwi mask once weekly if you have dry skin and up to three times weekly if you have oily skin. Then, the more you use the kiwi mask, the brighter your skin will look.
Now, enjoy your kiwi mask and smoothie recipes—and your glowing skin—and check back for more DIY beauty recipes and skincare tips.
This post first appeared on Beauty and Travel Reviews.
- 6 Apple Beauty Recipes: Annihilate Acne + Love Your Skin
- Star Fruit Beauty Recipes Your Hair and Skin Will Love
- 5 DIY Pumpkin Beauty Recipes: Nab That Holiday Glow
- 5 DIY Tomato Beauty Recipes: Reclaim the Brighter You
- 3 DIY Passion Fruit Beauty Recipes to Get Your Skin Pool Party Ready
- 3 Avocado Beauty Recipes You Probably Didn’t Know About
- Get Glowing Skin Fast: 3 Kakadu Plum Products
- DIY Green Tea Face Mask and Smoothie: Double Your Glow
- How to Get Luminous Skin With Real Pearls
Cover photo credit: Anna-Ok / iStockPhoto