Treat yourself to a DIY kiwi mask and smoothie to revive your skin and boost your health. All you need is some kiwi, yogurt, rose oil, and olive oil. You’ll look so radiant everyone will think you went to the spa.
So read about the skin-healing ingredients below, or skip to the DIY kiwi mask and smoothie recipes.
All About Kiwi
Also known as Chinese gooseberry, kiwi contains an arsenal of vitamins and minerals that exfoliate, hydrate, and nourish your skin. According to the Daily Hive, kiwis are six times more nutrient-dense than apples.
Kiwis also strengthen the immune system, improve lung function and reduce colon cancer risk, says Healthline.
In addition to these benefits, kiwis contain vitamins C, E, and K to brighten, soften, and moisturize skin, fight free radicals, and lighten under-eye circles.
However, yogurt offers more health benefits. For instance, yogurt contains lactic acid and zinc, which work magic on your skin. Lactic acid is a natural exfoliant that brightens, hydrates, and softens skin. Plus, according to WebMD, zinc fights acne, strengthens skin, and speeds healing time.
Olive oil also contains skin-friendly essential fatty acids and vitamin E, which hydrate skin and protect against skin cancer and UV damage, says Healthline.
Rose oil contains antioxidants and minerals that transform your skin as well. For instance, this healing oil is rich in vitamins A and C, which hydrate skin, fade dark spots, smooth wrinkles, calm redness, speed skin cell turnover, and fight acne, says Healthline.
Other research suggests rose oil may even reduce stress, anxiety, and depression.
So, now that you know the facts, you’re probably ready to make that kiwi yogurt mask. Then see below to get started.
DIY Kiwi Face Mask: Recipe
Kiwi Mask: Items
- 2 kiwis, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons plain, unsweetened Greek yogurt
- food processor
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 drops rose oil
- a mixing bowl
- mixing spoon
- a fork
- a washcloth
- face wash
Kiwi Mask: Instructions
- First, puree the kiwi in a food processor.
- Next, place the pureed kiwi in a bowl and add the yogurt, rose oil, and olive oil.
- Mash all ingredients with a fork until smooth.
- Next, cleanse your face, and pat it dry.
- Then, heat a bowl of water until it’s warm but not boiling.
- Soak the washcloth in the water and press against your skin for 30 to 60 seconds. The steam will open pores to help your skin absorb the nutrients.
- Now, apply a thick layer of the mixture to your face and neck, blending gently until you’ve covered your entire face and neck.
- Then, set a timer for 20 or 30 minutes.
Now, make your smoothie while you wait.
Kiwi Green Apple Smoothie Recipe
This kiwi apple smoothie is delicious and amazing for your health. Plus, green apple contains vitamin C and pectin, a type of fiber and prebiotic that helps digestion.
So, gather the items below, and drink up!
Ingredients / Materials
- 1 medium kiwi, peeled and chopped
- 1 small, chopped green apple
- a blender
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds (optional)
- ¼ cup ice (adapt as desired)
- 1 tablespoon honey or agave (optional)
- ½ cup almond milk (unsweetened or vanilla)
Feel free to adapt the ingredients to your liking. For instance, skip the honey if you prefer unsweetened, or add vanilla almond milk and honey if you like it sweet.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender, and blend until smooth.
- Next, pour into a glass and serve.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
Now, listen for that timer, and then rinse off your mask with a warm washcloth or water. Then, apply a serum, moisturizer, and sunscreen.
So whip up this DIY kiwi face mask and smoothie to reawaken your skin. Make the smoothie as often as you’d like. However, use the homemade kiwi mask once per week for dry skin and up to three times per week for oily skin.
- 3 Avocado Beauty Recipes You Probably Didn’t Know About
- Get Glowing Skin Fast: 3 Kakadu Plum Products
- DIY Green Tea Face Mask and Smoothie: Double Your Glow
- How to Get Luminous Skin With Real Pearl Products
Cover photo credit: Anna-Ok / iStockPhoto