Does the raspberry hold the key to longevity and glowing skin? Maybe, some research says. That’s why your skin will love this DIY raspberry mask.
In fact, raspberries offer a slew of health benefits. Raspberries are packed with flavonoids, fiber, and antioxidants to protect your skin and reduce your risk of heart disease, diabetes, and cancer, says Stylecraze editor Ravi Tadimalla.
With their high antioxidant content, raspberries also prevent collagen breakdown and fight wrinkles and aging. Better yet, you can add raspberries to your diet and beauty routine to look and feel your best.
Raspberry: The Secret to Heart Health?
Raspberries are not only packed with antioxidants, Tadimalla says, but they also contain anthocyanins to improve heart health. Also found in blueberries, blackberries, and blackcurrants, anthocyanins fight aging and protect against disease.
Even a little anthocyanin goes far. For example, consuming just 0.2 milligrams of anthocyanins daily reduces heart disease risk for women 45 and older, Tadimalla says. Also found in pomegranates, anthocyanins strengthen blood vessels and platelets and reduce inflammation as well.
In other studies, Canadian researchers found raspberry extract lowered blood pressure in lab rats and suggested the extract could have similar benefits for humans, says Tadimalla.
So, why not double up on the raspberries and enjoy all this fruit has to offer? All you have to do is whip up a raspberry mask and smoothie during your lunch break, and you’ll return to the office glowing.
Everyone will think you went to the spa.
DIY Raspberry Mask
This DIY raspberry mask fights acne, tightens and brightens skin, and fades fine lines and dark spots. And who knows? With regular use, you might even look like you did five years ago.
So, here is what you’ll need.
Ingredients / Items
- 1 blender (or a fork)
- 1 carton fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons uncooked oatmeal
- 1 – 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 tablespoon Greek yogurt (optional)
- 2 drops rose oil (optional)
Note: Feel free to add honey if you need it. The recipe calls for just one or two tablespoons, but adapt the amount as needed.
- First, blend (or mash) the raspberries until smooth.
- Then, add the remaining ingredients and blend (or mash) again.
- Next, apply mixture to clean, damp skin.
- Leave on five minutes.
- Finally, rinse with warm water or a washcloth.
Use this mask three times per week, morning or afternoon, for best results. Another beauty tip? Follow your raspberry mask with one of these DIY avocado beauty recipes to boost hydration and radiance. Or follow this DIY raspberry mask with a blueberry sheet mask or toner to enhance your results.
But don’t put away those raspberries yet because you’ll need them to make your smoothie next.
Raspberry Banana Smoothie Recipe
After you’ve rinsed your mask, try this refreshing raspberry smoothie. It’s the perfect treat to enjoy during your lunch break and takes less than 5 minutes to make.
So, here is what you’ll need.
- Blender (add ice as desired)
- 1 1/2 cups apple juice (or vanilla almond milk)
- a whole banana
- 1 1/2 cups frozen raspberries
- 1/2 to 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 cup vanilla (or plain) Greek yogurt
- First, place the banana, raspberries, apple juice (or almond milk), yogurt, and honey in a blender.
- Then, blend until smooth.
- Pour into a tall glass and serve.
- Finally, add fresh raspberries for garnish (optional).
The honey will balance the tartness of the raspberries, so adapt the amount of honey as desired. For instance, use less honey if you prefer the tart taste.
You can also substitute other fruit juices for the apple juice or use vanilla almond milk instead. But feel free to experiment and adapt the ingredients to your liking.
So, there you have it: A cup of raspberries per day helps keep you healthy, young, and strong. Also, double up on raspberries to enhance your skin and health.
Use the DIY raspberry mask three times per week for best results. But the more often you use the mask, the more radiant your skin will look.
Now, enjoy your new skin! Next, see five DIY chocolate beauty recipes that fight aging and get your skin glowing. You can even save these chocolate beauty treats for Valentine’s Day.
Cover photo credit: egal / Getty Images via Canva
- 6 Blueberry Skincare Products That Get Skin Glowing
- 5 DIY Pomegranate Beauty Recipes Your Skin Needs
- DIY Blackberry Face Mask and Smoothie: Skin so Smooth You’ll Get Carded
- DIY Papaya Mask and Smoothie for Poreless Skin
- 3 Reasons Why Your Skin Needs Black Currant Seed Oil