Does the raspberry hold the key to longevity and glowing skin? Maybe, some research says. That’s why your skin will love these DIY raspberry face mask and smoothie recipes.
Raspberry: Benefits for Your Skin and Health
Raspberries offer a slew of health and beauty benefits. According to StyleCraze editor Ravi Tadimalla, raspberries contain flavonoids, fiber, and antioxidants that protect against diabetes, heart disease, and cancer.
Plus, raspberries contain vitamin C, which boosts collagen, evens skin tone, relieves redness, and protects against wrinkles and environmental damage.
All these actions also make raspberry a potent anti-acne weapon.
Raspberries’ antioxidants also slow collagen breakdown, keeping skin looking younger for longer.
In addition, anthocyanins offer these benefits for your skin and health:
- slow aging
- fight inflammation
- protect against disease
- strengthen blood vessels and platelets
Even a little anthocyanin goes far. For instance, adding 0.2 milligrams of anthocyanins to your daily diet reduces heart disease risk for women 45 and older, says Tadimalla.
Better yet, you can enjoy all these health and beauty benefits by adding raspberries to your diet and skincare routine. So, why not double up on those raspberries and enjoy all this skin-friendly fruit has to offer?
Just whip up this DIY raspberry face mask and smoothie on your lunch break, and you’ll return to the office glowing.
DIY Raspberry Face Mask
This DIY raspberry face mask fights acne, softens fine lines, tightens pores, and brightens your skin.
All you need is a blender or a bowl, some fresh raspberries, oats, honey, yogurt, and rose oil (optional). The oats and yogurt hydrate and exfoliate your skin, honey blasts bacteria, and rose oil promotes healthy skin cell growth.
So, mix the ingredients, apply the mixture to your skin, and rinse after 15 minutes. Also, feel free to add or subtract honey to achieve the desired thickness.
See the recipe for details.
Use this face mask three times per week for best results.
But don’t put away those raspberries yet because you’ll need them to make your raspberry smoothie next.
After rinsing your mask, whip up this raspberry smoothie for a refreshing lunchtime treat. The fruity drink takes less than five minutes to make, and your skin will adore it.
All you need is a blender, apple juice (or almond milk), banana, raspberries, honey, and yogurt. Just combine and blend the ingredients, pour into tall glasses, and enjoy.
You can also add honey to balance the tartness or substitute other fruit juices for the apple juice.
But feel free to experiment and adapt the ingredients to your liking. For instance, don’t be shy with that honey if you like your smoothie sweet.
See the recipe for details.
So, there you have it: A cup of raspberries a day keeps you healthy, young, and strong at any age. So, double up on those raspberries to improve your health and get glowing skin.
Use the DIY raspberry face mask three times per week for best results. But the more often you use the raspberry mask, the brighter your skin will look.
Now, enjoy your raspberry face mask and smoothie—and your new skin—and check back for more beauty reviews and skincare tips!
Next, see five DIY chocolate beauty recipes that fight aging and get your skin glowing. You can even save these chocolate beauty treats for Valentine’s Day.
Cover photo credit: egal / Getty Images via Canva
- DIY Pink Clay Face Masks + Beauty Products Your Skin is Craving
- 6 Apple Beauty Recipes: Annihilate Acne
- 5 Star Fruit Beauty Recipes Your Hair and Skin Will Love
- 4 DIY Strawberry Face Masks + a Smoothie for Mesmerizing Skin
- This 6-Step Amethyst Skincare Routine Takes Your Skin to Another Level
- 3 Grapeseed Oil Beauty Recipes for Skin and Hair: Slow Aging, Look Amazing
- 5 Reasons Why Your Skin and Hair Need Camellia Oil, an Ancient Beauty Secret
- Acne-Blasting DIY Matcha Face Masks + Smoothie: Double Your Glow
- Get Your Skin Pool Party Ready: 5 DIY Passion Fruit Beauty Recipes
- 7 Blueberry Skincare Products That Get Skin Glowing
- 5 DIY Pomegranate Beauty Recipes Your Skin Needs
- DIY Blackberry Face Mask and Smoothie: Skin so Smooth You’ll Get Carded
- DIY Papaya Mask and Smoothie for Poreless Skin
- 3 Reasons Why Your Skin Needs Black Currant Seed Oil