Does the raspberry hold the key to longevity and glowing skin? Maybe, some research says. That’s why your skin will love this DIY raspberry mask.
In fact, raspberries offer a slew of health benefits. For instance, raspberries are packed with flavonoids, fiber, and antioxidants to protect your skin and reduce your risk of heart disease, diabetes, and cancer, says Stylecraze editor Ravi Tadimalla.
With their high antioxidant content, raspberries also prevent collagen breakdown and fight wrinkles and aging. Better yet, you can add raspberries to your diet and beauty routine to look and feel your best.
Learn about the skin-transforming powers of raspberries below, or skip to the mask and smoothie recipes.
Raspberry: The Secret to Heart Health?
Raspberries are not only packed with antioxidants, Tadimalla says, but they also contain anthocyanins to improve heart health.
Even a little anthocyanin goes far. For example, consuming just 0.2 milligrams of anthocyanins daily reduces heart disease risk for women 45 and older, Tadimalla says. Anthocyanins also strengthen blood vessels and platelets and reduce inflammation.
In other studies, Canadian researchers found raspberry extract lowered blood pressure in lab rats and suggested the extract could have similar benefits for humans, says Tadimalla.
So, why not double up on the raspberries and enjoy all this fruit has to offer? All you have to do is whip up a raspberry mask and smoothie during your lunch break, and you’ll return to the office glowing.
Everyone will think you went to the spa.
DIY Raspberry Mask
This DIY raspberry mask fights acne, tightens and brightens skin, and fades fine lines and dark spots. And who knows? With regular use, you might even look like you did five years ago.
So, here is what you’ll need.
Ingredients / Items
- 1 blender (or a fork)
- 1 carton fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons uncooked oatmeal
- 1 – 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 tablespoon Greek yogurt (optional)
- 2 drops rose oil (optional)
Note: Although the recipe calls for just 1 to 2 tablespoons of honey, you can add more if you think you need it. So, feel free to adapt as necessary.
- First, blend (or mash) the raspberries until smooth.
- Then, add the remaining ingredients and blend (or mash) again.
- Next, apply mixture to clean, damp skin.
- Leave on five minutes.
- Finally, rinse with warm water or a washcloth.
Use this mask three times per week, morning or afternoon, for best results.
But don’t put away those raspberries yet because you’ll need them to make your smoothie next.
Raspberry Banana Smoothie Recipe
After you’ve rinsed your mask, try this refreshing raspberry smoothie. It’s the perfect treat to enjoy during your lunch break and takes less than 5 minutes to make.
So, here is what you’ll need.
- Blender (add ice as desired)
- 1 1/2 cups apple juice (or vanilla almond milk)
- a whole banana
- 1 1/2 cups frozen raspberries
- 1/2 to 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 cup vanilla (or plain) Greek yogurt
- First, place the banana, raspberries, apple juice (or almond milk), yogurt, and honey in a blender.
- Then, blend until smooth.
- Pour into a tall glass and serve.
- Finally, add fresh raspberries for garnish (optional).
The honey will balance the tartness of the raspberries, so adapt the amount of honey as desired. For instance, use less honey if you prefer the tart taste.
You can also substitute other fruit juices for the apple juice or use vanilla almond milk instead. But feel free to experiment and adapt the ingredients to your liking.
So, there you have it: Eat a cup of raspberries a day to stay healthy, young, and strong. Also, double up on raspberries to enhance your skin and health. Use the mask three times per week, morning and afternoon, for best results. However, the more often you use the mask, the more radiant your skin will look.
Enjoy your new skin!
- Try this DIY blackberry mask and smoothie to get skin so smooth you’ll get carded.
- See this papaya face mask and smoothie recipe to get poreless skin.
- Learn why black currant seed oil is your skin’s best friend.