Carrots are called “super veggies” for a reason. After all, these vibrant edibles are packed with nutrients that boost your health, revive your skin, and erase years. Carrots even fight acne and wrinkles, leaving your skin radiant. That’s why your skin will love these DIY carrot beauty recipes. So, whip up a DIY carrot face mask, lip scrub, and carrot juice, and experience these skin-healing powers yourself.
Learn more about carrots’ beauty benefits below, or skip to the DIY carrot beauty recipes.
Carrots: Benefits for Your Skin
Carrots are bursting with nutrients that nourish your body to keep you looking and feeling young. According to WebMD, carrots contain these skin-friendly vitamins and antioxidants:
- vitamin A
- vitamin C
- beta carotene
- vitamin K
These nutrients protect, repair, and brighten your skin, fade dark spots, and boost collagen.
Meanwhile, carrot juice offers other beauty perks. One cup contains 251% of the vitamin A and 22% of the vitamin C you need daily, says Healthline.
Vitamin C is essential for your skin’s health. It protects against environmental damage and improves elasticity, leaving your skin supple.
And according to Today, vitamin A and beta carotene calm inflammation and speed skin cell turnover, two processes vital for acne sufferers.
However, all these actions lead the way to clear, youthful skin.
So now that you know how carrots benefit your skin, why not experience the results yourself?
DIY Carrot Beauty Recipes
Treat yourself to these DIY carrot beauty recipes on your next at-home spa day or whenever your skin needs a boost. One approach? Make the DIY carrot face mask first and then prepare the carrot lip scrub and juice while you wait for your mask to dry.
These carrot face masks work for most skin types, but talk to your doctor if you have sensitive skin or are taking medication that interacts with vitamin A.
Also, patch-test the mask 24 hours before using it, and discontinue if irritation develops.
DIY Recipe #1: Anti-Acne Carrot Face Mask
Whip up this DIY carrot face mask and start your day with a glow. All you need is honey, yogurt, pumpkin, and carrots.
Benefits: Carrots’ vitamin A speeds skin cell turnover, while yogurt’s lactic acid exfoliates and softens skin. Then, pumpkin’s beta carotene adds protection, while honey kills bacteria, calms redness, and speeds healing.
- Cook two carrots and wait for them to cool.
- Chop and mash the carrots.
- Add one tablespoon of honey, 1/4 cup of pumpkin, and a tablespoon of yogurt, and mix.
- Then, apply to your face and neck, wait 20 minutes, and rinse.
Or pair this carrot face mask with a DIY tomato face mask to double the anti-acne power.
DIY Recipe #2: Anti-Aging Carrot Face Mask
Next, whip up this anti-aging DIY carrot face mask and feel time rewind. All you need is a large carrot, some honey, hyaluronic acid serum, and a banana.
Benefits: Bananas’ B vitamins and potassium even skin tone and boost hydration, while hyaluronic acid serum plumps skin and locks in moisture. Meanwhile, honey softens skin and calms inflammation, leaving skin aglow.
- Cook the carrot and wait for it to cool.
- Peel and mash the carrot, and transfer it to a bowl.
- Then, add the banana, serum, and honey, and mix.
- Apply to your face and neck and rinse after 20 minutes.
DIY Recipe #3: Brightening Carrot Face Mask
Next, say bye-bye to dull skin with this antioxidant-rich carrot face mask. All you need is pomegranate powder, carrots, grapeseed oil, and honey.
Benefits: Pomegranate powder brightens, grapeseed oil protects and hydrates, and honey softens skin and locks in moisture. (Also, see these brightening pomegranate beauty recipes.)
- Cook a half cup of baby carrots and wait for them to cool.
- Then, peel and mash the carrots, add the pomegranate powder and honey, and mix.
- Apply to your face and neck, wait 20 minutes, and rinse.
DIY Recipe #4: Carrot Lip Scrub
Has too much sun left your lips weathered? Then pump life into that pout with this DIY carrot lip scrub. All you need is brown sugar, carrots, and honey.
Benefits: Brown sugar exfoliates, while honey hydrates, leaving your lips silky.
- Cook and then mash two baby carrots.
- Add 2 tablespoons of brown sugar and honey.
- Then, massage the scrub into your lips for 15 seconds and rinse.
DIY Recipe #5: Homemade Carrot Juice for Glowing Skin
Glowing skin begins within, so whip up this zesty carrot juice and treat your body right.
You’ll need a juicer, an apple and orange, some fruit juice, and baby carrots.
- Rinse two cups of baby carrots.
- Scrub, then soak the carrots in filtered water for an hour.
- Then, chop the carrots, place them in the juicer, and add the remaining fruit and juice.
Another option? Whip up a passion fruit beauty smoothie for another skin-friendly treat.
Carrot Juice: Safety
Although nutritious, carrots do present risks. First, Healthline warns that drinking too much carrot juice could raise blood sugar, posing dangers for people with diabetes. Second, unpasteurized carrot juice may contain bacteria harmful to pregnant women and people with reduced immunity.
In addition, drinking too much carrot juice could produce carotenemia, causing your skin to turn orange. Although this looks alarming, your skin color will return to normal after you stop drinking the juice. So, limit your intake to reduce these risks. WebMD recommends no more than one 4-ounce cup daily.
Carrots contain oodles of nutrients that revitalize your skin. So add these super veggies to your beauty routine to blast acne and wrinkles and get glowing again.
Make the carrot juice anytime you wish, but remember to limit your intake. Also, make the DIY carrot face mask and lip scrub once per week. Then, with regular use, you’ll see smoother skin in no time.
Now, enjoy your carrot beauty recipes—and your new skin—and check back for more DIY recipes and skincare tips.
This post first appeared on Beauty and Travel Reviews. | Featured photo credit: Rodica Ciorba/iStock
- Annihilate Acne + Pamper Your Skin: Apple Face Masks, Candied Apple Lip Scrub, and Smoothie
- Sicilian Spa Day: Beauty Products + DIY Spa Recipes
- DIY Pumpkin Beauty Recipes for Your Next At-Home Spa Day
- Cantaloupe Face Mask + Smoothie: Age-Blasting Beauty Treats
- Orchid Oil: Benefits for Skin + 5 Beauty Products for Ageless Skin
- DIY Mango Face Mask, Lip Scrub + Smoothie: Get Your Glow Back
- Send Acne and Wrinkles Packing: DIY Strawberry Beauty Recipes
- DIY Manuka Honey Face Masks for Your Sweetest Skin
- Does This Spiky Fruit Hold the Key to Youthful Skin? DIY Dragon Fruit Beauty Recipes
- How to Get Angel Skin: DIY Raspberry Face Mask + Smoothie
- Dermatologist-Recommended Sweet Potato Mask: Erase Years
- How to Get Lips Like Silk: A Fun DIY Lip Scrub With a Minty Twist