Known in Brazil as the “beauty berry,” acai does it all: it heals the mind and body and boosts brain power and skin health. That’s why your skin will love these acai beauty recipes.
Although acai belongs to a more recent health trend in the West, the therapeutic use of this fruit dates back to ancient times. Indigenous people of Brazil have used acai in healing rituals for centuries, and other cultures have since followed suit.
Today in the U.S., however, acai remains best known as a potent anti-aging weapon to keep the mind sharp and skin strong.
Learn more about acai’s healing powers below, or skip to the DIY acai beauty recipes.
Acai: Healing Powers
Packed with an arsenal of nutrients, acai protects your skin from toxins, free radicals, and other skin assassins. However, the fruit also protects your skin and body in other ways.
For instance, acai berries contain omega-3, omega-6, and oleic essential fatty acids. Together, these nutrients boost brain function and skin health and reduce blood pressure and cholesterol, says Healthline.
However, acai not only revives your skin, but it tastes delicious, too. So, add acai to your diet and beauty routine to look and feel your best.
DIY Acai Beauty Recipes
You can make one or both DIY acai face masks below. For instance, try Brazilian Girl‘s edible acai mask to brighten skin, or make the acai matcha mask to fight acne and aging.
Edible DIY Acai Mask
Whip up this easy edible acai face mask to get glowing fast. All you need is yogurt, acai powder, a washcloth, and a face brush. See below for details.
- 1 teaspoon of acai powder
- 1 tablespoon of Greek yogurt
- an applicator brush
- a washcloth
- 1 medium bowl
- a towel
- First, combine the acai powder and yogurt in a bowl, and mix until smooth.
- Next, use the applicator brush to apply the mixture evenly to your skin.
- Wait 15 minutes.
- Then, rinse with warm water, and pat your face dry.
- Finally, apply serum, moisturizer, and sunscreen.
Golden Acai Matcha Mask: Anti-Acne / Anti-Aging
The Golden Acai Matcha Face Mask is another acai beauty recipe to try. All you need is some acai powder, Manuka honey, matcha powder, and a dash of water.
Combine the ingredients in a bowl, and mix well. Then, apply the mixture to your skin, wait 30 minutes, and rinse.
Acai and matcha contain skin-healing antioxidants, and Manuka honey hydrates skin and fights breakouts.
So, gather the items below to begin.
- 1 tablespoon of acai powder
- 1 tablespoon of matcha powder
- 2 tablespoons of Manuka honey
- a dash of water (add as needed)
- a mixing bowl
- First, combine all ingredients in a bowl, and mix well. Add water as needed.
- Next, apply the mixture evenly to your skin.
- Then, wait 30 minutes, and rinse.
- Finally, follow with serum, moisturizer, and sunscreen.
Use this acai mask twice per week for best results. Also, feel free to save the recipe.
Acai Powder: Boost Brain Power
So, now that you’ve whipped your skin into shape, you’ll want to stock up on acai powder to maintain your results. And you can even have this delicious powder rush delivered via Amazon.
Navitas Organics Acai Powder, $22.99
Use Navitas Organics Acai Powder as a health and beauty supplement. For instance, add a scoop to your smoothies and bowls, or mix some into your skin serums. You can also use this powder to make delicious acai and strawberry smoothie bowls.
So shop Navitas acai powder here if you’d like.
Also see here for more delicious acai bowl recipes.
So there you have it: Acai is packed with nutrients that your body, mind, and skin will love. Plus, acai boosts brain power and skin health, keeping you sharp and radiant into your golden years. So, whip up these acai beauty recipes to pamper yourself inside and out.
And treat yourself to an acai face mask and an acai bowl to double your glow. Make the acai bowls and smoothies as often as you’d like, and use the acai masks up to three times per week for best results.
So, make acai a regular part of your skincare routine and diet. Then, your mind, body, and skin will thank you in 20 years.
Now, enjoy your new skin, and check back for more beauty recipes.
This post first appeared on Beauty and Travel Reviews. / Cover photo credit: Luis Escheverri Urrea / Getty Images via Canva
- 5 DIY Hair Growth Masks From Around the World
- DIY Strawberry Face Mask + Smoothie Recipes for Radiant Skin
- 3 Grapeseed Oil Beauty Recipes to Slow Aging and Look Amazing
- How to Get Skin Pool Party Ready: 3 DIY Passion Fruit Beauty Recipes
- 7 Blueberry Skincare Products That Make Your Skin Glow
- 5 Pomegranate Beauty Recipes Your Skin Needs Now
- Homemade Cherry Masks: Blast Wrinkles and Brighten Skin
- Green Tea Mask and Smoothie for Glowing Skin
- 3 Reasons Why Your Skin Needs Black Currant Seed Oil