Surprise your friends and family with crushed candy cane bath salts this holiday season.
This pretty pink bath scrub puts a creative holiday twist on the usual body exfoliators, and it smells delightful, too.
Candy cane sugar exfoliates and leaves your skin silky, and the peppermint scent lifts your energy and mood.
And the best part? These festive pink bath salts take just minutes to make. I made mine in 10 minutes!
So, all you need is a few ingredients, and you’re ready to begin.
Crushed Candy Cane Bath Salts Recipe
First, head to the kitchen and prepare the items below.
Items / Ingredients
- one or two medium mixing bowls (explained below)
- 4 cups of Epsom salt
- 1-2 teaspoons of pink or red food coloring
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil, jojoba oil, or sweet almond oil
- a drop of rosehip oil
- 2 tablespoons of red or pink sugar sprinkles
- 1 teaspoon of silver sugar sprinkles (optional)
- ½-1 teaspoon of peppermint essential oil (adapt as desired)
- 1-2 tablespoons crushed candy canes (adjust to liking)
- First, pour the Epsom salt into the mixing bowl.
- Next, crush one whole candy cane on a separate plate and set it aside. (You can use a food processor or even a heavy object to smash the candy cane, if necessary.)
- Now, add the food coloring, peppermint oil and coconut (or jojoba) oil to the Epsom salt and stir.
- Next, add the sugar sprinkles and mix.
- Then, add one teaspoon of crushed candy cane and stir again.
- Now, pour the peppermint bath salt mixture into an airtight container of your choice.
- Finally, decorate the jar as desired.
Another option is to use half the recommended amount of ingredients if you want to make a smaller batch.
For example, use two cups of Epsom salt instead, and then divide the remaining ingredients in half. You can also add food coloring to half the mixture and leave the other half plain.
Then, place a portion of the red mixture at the bottom of the jar, and layer a white portion on top. From there, mix the two batches however you want.
For example, layer the plain portion over the red, and then continue layering to create a candy-swirl effect.
I added a few teaspoons of sugar sprinkles to my batch to make it look ultra festive, but that might be going overboard for some of you.
However, it’s your scrub, so have fun with it. Find a way to make it your own.
Crushed Candy Cane Bath Salts: Decorating Ideas
Also, decorate the jars however you like. For instance, jazz up the jars with festive ribbon, or add decorative labels, such as these vinyl French country farmhouse stickers.
Or, for another creative twist, use a pink calligraphy fountain pen to write the names of your gift recipients. This Wordsworth calligraphy pen below is my favorite. Visit Etsy for product details if you’d like.
However, you can experiment with the packaging and get creative with it.
So surprise your friends and family with these crushed candy cane bath salts. They’re pretty and festive, and they also smell delicious.
Although you’ll enjoy making these bath salts for your loved ones, remember to make extra for yourself.
Now, enjoy your creation, and check back later for more holiday gift ideas.
- See here for a DIY pink peppermint bath bomb recipe your friends and family will love.
- Get dazzling hair and skin with these DIY lavender beauty recipes.
- Try this DIY lip scrub with a minty twist to get silky lips.
- Get Cleopatra’s magnificent skin with these rose bath and face mask recipes.
Featured image credit: Fotografia Basica / iStockPhoto
2 thoughts on “How To Make Crushed Candy Cane Bath Salts”
Comments are closed.