Has summer left your lips feeling more like sandpaper than silk? Then, try these fun watermelon lip scrub and smoothie recipes to boost your health and revive your pout. Your lips will feel buttery smooth with a few easy steps.
So, let’s get started.
Watermelon Sugar Lip Scrub: Materials
Gather the items below to begin.
Ingredients / Items
- 1 bowl
- measuring cups
- storage container
- decorative ribbon (optional)
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut oil (adapt as needed)
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup of fresh watermelon, seeded
Lip Scrub: Instructions
- Combine the coconut oil and sugar in a bowl.
- Then, slice the watermelon and remove the seeds. Next, add the watermelon to the blender and blend well.
- Add the blended watermelon to the sugar and coconut oil and mix well.
- Then, apply the mixture to your lips, scrubbing gently for 20 to 30 seconds, and rinse.
- Follow with a lip butter or balm.
- Finally, pour the leftover scrub into a jar of your choice, and decorate as desired.
The watermelon tastes refreshing. Plus, the sugar sloughs off dead skin, while the coconut oil hydrates and nourishes your lips.
Next, store the remaining scrub in an air-tight container. You can also shop Etsy for storage containers. For instance, you can buy these $5 storage containers on Etsy or these $9 plastic storage jars on Amazon.
You can even decorate the jars and give them as holiday gifts to friends and family. For instance, dress up the jars with cute ribbons and labels. Or just keep it simple if that’s more your style. There isn’t a right or a wrong way to decorate, so just have fun with it.
So, now that your lips are silky smooth, it’s time to make that smoothie.
This watermelon smoothie is ultra-refreshing and takes less than five minutes to make. It’s the perfect recipe if you want something healthy without having to spend too long in the kitchen.
This recipe makes two servings. So, gather the items below to begin.
Ingredients / Items
- 1 blender, half-filled with ice (adapt as desired)
- 3 cups cubed watermelon
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup vanilla (or plain) Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon agave (or honey)
- 1/2 cup vanilla (or plain) almond milk
- Place the watermelon, strawberries, honey, milk, and yogurt in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Taste. Then, add more milk or honey, adjusting it to your liking.
- Pour in a tall glass and serve.
- Add a watermelon or strawberry slice for garnish.
Store the leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.